Thank you for your interest in the Northampton Survival Center. The following positions are available:
FULL TIME OFFICE MANAGER NEEDED – NOW HIRING
The Northampton Survival Center, a non-profit food pantry serving the Hampshire County community, is seeking an Office Manager. The Office Manager coordinates the administrative logistics involved in running the Center, provides excellent financial management, offers essential database management support, and prepares documents vital to the operation of the Center. In addition, they advance the mission and the spirit of the organization by warmly greeting and welcoming visitors to the Center.
- Assumes sole responsibility for recording all donor gifts.
- Initiates and manages on-line and EFT financial contributions.
- Responsible for banking, including preparing deposits, payment and oversight of bills, and preparing financial packets for the bookkeeper each week.
- Maintains employee timesheet records and works with bookkeeper on matters involving payroll.
- Facilitates and oversees all contact with tech and computer network support as needed.
- Manages the inventory of office supplies and related materials.
- Responsible for coordinating basic facilities maintenance.
- Serves as primary point of contact in greeting and assisting donors and other visitors. Maintains the Center’s website in WordPress.
- Assists with small and large event planning associated with fundraising and community relations.
Assist Executive Director:
- The Office Manager assists the Executive Director in producing correspondence, and preparing materials for the Center’s annual report and yearly audit, among other supportive tasks.
Assist Program Director:
- The Office Manager assists the Program Director with program-related work.
- Covers five hours of client intake interviews per week and full-time substitution in the event that the Program Director is away, and assists with other client intake as needed.
- Intake involves conducting client interviews, determining eligibility, identifying and making referrals to appropriate agencies and recording all relevant data.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- The Office Manager must possess fluency in MS Office, including Access and Excel; excellent written, telephone and interpersonal skills; sensitivity to the needs of persons in crisis; and a willingness to move flexibly and capably among a variety of tasks in a fast-paced setting.
- Must be proficient and comfortable with detailed financial management, and must be able to accept responsibility for opening or closing the Center and conducting confidential client intake interviews. B.A. or B.S. required. Additional computer skills desirable: QuickBooks and WordPress knowledge.
HOURS AND OTHER DETAILS
- The Office Manager will work 35 hours a week.
- Required hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 to 4 p.m., and Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- The annual salary for the position is $32,000 to $34,000 depending on qualifications, and includes a full individual health plan subsidized at 70% by the NSC. Dental benefits and 401k matching benefits are also available.
- The position will start on or after December 30, 2019.
Supervised by the Executive Director.
Applications will be accepted online only and on a rolling basis until December 6, 2019, or until the position has been filled. To apply, please email resume and letter of interest to Heidi@NorthamptonSurvival.org. Information about the Northampton Survival Center can be found at www.NorthamptonSurvival.org.
The Northampton Survival Center strongly supports workplace diversity. Candidates of all races, genders, ages, religious, or sexual orientations are strongly encouraged to apply.