Qualified Charitable Distribution
Through a qualified charitable distribution (or QCD, previously named the IRA charitable rollover) individuals 70 1/2 and older are eligible to contribute up to $100,000 directly to the Northampton Survival Center from their IRA, tax free.
Simply contact your plan administrator to initiate a transfer.
How it works:
- Donor must be age 70 1/2 or older on the date of the gift
- The gift must come from an IRA account. (Not 401 (k), 403 (b), SEP IRA or other types of retirement accounts.)
- The gift must be sent directly to NSC from your plan administrator.
- The gift counts toward your required minimum distribution if you have not already taken it for the calendar year.
- The gift can be any size up to $100,000 in the calendar year.
- The gift is excluded from your income – which sometimes allows for a lower income and Medicare tax bracket.
- The gift cannot be claimed as an income tax charitable deduction because it is not considered income.