A creamy pasta dish with sweet and spicy flavors makes a great entrée or side.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
1 cup Peanut Butter creamy
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Sriracha – or more for some “heat”
1 clove of fresh garlic
1 lime, juiced
1 pound package of any noodles or pasta
scallions for garnish
1 tablespoon honey or sugar
chili powder or chili paste
ginger – powder or fresh
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Firmly roll the lime on the counter so it’s easier to squeeze. Cut in half and squeeze as much juice as you can.
- In a saucepan, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, sriracha, garlic, lime juice, honey or sugar, ¾ cup water and any of the optional spices/flavorings. Mix well.
- Fill another pan with water and boil for the pasta.
- While the water is heating for the pasta, put the peanut sauce on low-medium heat and stir frequently as it warms.
- When the water for the pasta has come to a boil, add the pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- Continue to stir the sauce and add more water if it seems too thick. Generally, the sauce should be about as thick as honey. Heat the sauce until it is completely warm and then remove from heat.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it and return it to the pot.
- Add peanut sauce to pasta a little at a time until it is the right amount for your tastes. You may have left-over sauce.
- Serve and garnish with chopped scallions.
- Optional: Garnish with sesame seeds or chopped peanuts.
SPECIAL CARROT TIPS
• If you use fresh ginger, you can freeze it and grate just the amount you need straight from the freezer. You don’t even have to peel it.
• If you have left-over sauce, mix it with canned chicken for a peanut chicken salad.
• Now that you have sriracha, add it to anything for an extra kick – soup, pasta sauce, guacamole, mayo, scrambled eggs, or in a marinade.
• If you don’t like peanut butter sandwiches, save the left-over peanut butter to spread on apple slices, banana or celery. It’s a great source of protein.
• Fast peanut noodles for one: In a pot of boiling water, add a package of ramen noodles, the seasoning packet, 2 tablespoons peanut butter, 1 teaspoon sriracha, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, and 1 chopped scallion. Cook until the noodles are tender. Enjoy!
Add pieces of chicken or tofu to these peanut noodles for an extra protein packed meal. Add any vegetables, but shredded carrots, and frozen broccoli or peas are easy!